Crime

Ex-CCPO Quetta appears before tribunal in Kharotabad tragedy

Quetta: Former CCPO Quetta Daud Janejo Monday appeared before an inquiry tribunal probing into the killing of 5 Russian nationals by security forces on May 17. In his 17-page written statement, Daud Janejo told the tribunal that he rushed to the site three to four minutes after the incident but the forces did not allow him to go near the victims who had been shot and killed a few minutes before.

He said a colonel of the Frontier Crop had already reached the site while he ordered the police to stop firing at the victims as soon as he reached there. Former CCPO further said that no premier permission was taken from him to shoot the allegedly escaped terrorists. Daud Jenajo was suspended after the Kharotabad incident.

The inquiry tribunal is headed by Justice Mohammad Hashim Kakar of the Balochistan High Court and has also recorded statements of eye witnesses of the tragedy.-Online

About the author

Azmat Aziz Gill

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *