Pak Affairs Politics

Investigation committee for probing Baloch leaders killings: Rehman Malik

QUETTA: Adviser to the Prime Minister on Interior Rehman A Malik on Tuesday said that the government had decided to constitute a high powered investigation committee to probe the killing of three Baloch leaders in Turbat. He was Addressing a conference here at the Governor House with CM Balochistan Nawab Aslam Khan Raisani and provincial Home Minister Mir Zaffarullah Zehri.

The Adviser said Inspector General Police Balochistan Asif Nawaz Warraich would head the committee while Director FIA, representatives of all intelligence agencies, senior officials of the Frontier Corps Balochistan and MPA of the concerned area would be its members. He said the killing of the three leaders was an inhumane and heinous act and the government would utilize all available resources to expose the real motives and reach the culprits.

“The dastardly act was aimed at destabilizing the country and sabotaging the ongoing reconciliation process launched by the PPP government in the province,”

He said that the unrest that followed the killing of the Baloch leaders left more than a dozen innocent people and personnel of law enforcing agencies dead, which benefitted enemies of the country.

He announced Rs. 2.5 million each on behalf of the federal and the provincial government for any information leading to the arrest of the culprits. Assuring full support of the federal government to the people of the province, Rehman Malik appealed to the people to be patient and let the judicial tribunal reach some conclusions. He also appealed to the political parties, members of the civil society and media to join hands with the government and frustrate the designs of those who are active to weaken Pakistan .

To a question, he appreciated Nawab Khair Bakhsh Marri, Nawabzada Hairbyar Marri and other Baloch tribal heads for their efforts in the release of UNHCR official John Solecki and said that the government was making all out efforts to remove the sense of deprivation in Balochistan and satisfy all stakeholders.

He added that the government traced some 200 Baloch youths whose names had been mentioned in a list provided by BLUF. Most of these persons were abroad, some were in their homes while some of them had crossed border and were in camps in Afghanistan .

To another question, the Adviser admitted that the police force lacked necessary means in order to face the well trained and well equipped terrorists. He said that the government was making efforts to provide sophisticated means and training to the personnel of law enforcing agencies whose role is instrumental in combating terrorism. For this purpose a donor has promised $25 million which would be spent on training and provision of equipment to the law enforcing agencies.

All the provinces, he siad, would be given 20, 000 additional police force in order to enable them to fight terror effectively. To a question, Rehman Malik said that every person involved in human smuggling and the recent container incident would be punished severely.

He said had a plan to visit the province along with his team who would brief the representative of the people of Balochistan in an in?camera session about the great game being played in the region and the involvement of the foreign forces in fueling insurgency in Balochistan. Senior Minister Balochistan Maulana Abdul Wasey, Minister for Communication and Works Zmarak Khan Achakzai, Finance Minister Mir Asim Kurd Gailo, Syed Ihsan Shah and Minister Education Shefiq Ahmed Khan were also present on the occasion.-APP

About the author

Mubashar Nizam

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *