17.4 C
London
Friday, June 25, 2021

Opposition not taken into confidence regarding Mumbai Probe

- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

RAIWIND: Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) Quid on Thursday said that he said that the government did not take the opposition into confidence regarding its admission of the partial planning of Mumbai attacks last year,. Earlier, the government admitted that the planning of Mumbai carnage partially made in Pakistan under commend of Zaki Rehman Lakhwi and also registered the case against them including Ajmal Kasab.

Talking to media men after the party meeting regarding issuance of the ticket for upcoming Senate election, he said, on his meeting with US Special envoy for Pakistan and Afghanistan Richard Holbrook, that all issues related to US drone attacks, situation of the tribal areas and the region, war on terror and what changes should be brought in the policy to resolve the current crisis, Pak-India relations and other issues were discussed during the meeting.

PML-N Quaid said that the US team’s visit of Pakistan was the part of US President Barrack Obama’s slogan “Change, we need” and it was found during the meeting that new US administration was serious to bring change which would acceptable for Pakistanis in the policy of war on terror.

He, however, expressed his hope that Obama’s era would bring positive change for Pakistan as it was interested to address the issues related to Islamabad and Richard Holbrook also gave importance to the Pakistan’s stance regarding war on terror.

Nawaz also expressed his concern over US drone attacks saying they were intensifying the militancy in the region. To a question regarding the dialogue with the miscreants, he said that the talks should be held with the moderate elements to resolve the issue.

When asked about the PML-N participation in the lawyers’ long march, he said that the lawyers’ leadership did not take his party into confidence on decision regarding sit-in during the long march to be held from March 12-16 for restoration of deposed judiciary.

He said that PML-N right from the day first played active part for the restoration and independence of the deposed judiciary as Pakistan future depended on the success of the lawyers’ movement. He said that his party did not decide about the sit-in; however, he asked the lawyers’ leadership to improve coordination with the political stakeholders as it was lacking.

Regarding issuance of the party ticket for the Senate elections, he said that the party’s parliamentary board had to decide about 9 applications out of 99 and the decision in this regard was made as Raja Zafarul Haq, Prevez Rashid, Zafar Ali Shah and Shahidullah Khan for the general seats, Sajid Mir for Punjab technocrat and Najma Hamid and Zakia Begum for Punjab women and Zafar Iqbal Jhagra and Saeeda Ilyas from NWFP and Malik Sujah and Saeeda Mushtaq from Islamabad were given tickets. It is pertinent to mention that no party ticket was issued to Sindh and Balochistan.-SANA

- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img
Omer Azamhttp://www.pak-times.com
Omer Azam is Social Media Marketer, very active on propeller; he is very much interested in International Politics.
Latest news
- Advertisement -spot_img
Related news
- Advertisement -spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here